Monday, January 9, 2012

Recipe: Roasted Chickpeas

I got a text from DG last week that simply said, "Roasted chickpeas may be THE food of 2012." I should say that he will eat anything I cook. ANYTHING. But he seems to really like these and I thought they were pretty good too.

I used 1 can of chickpeas. They were slimy so I rinsed them. The next step (not shown) was to blot them with paper towels till they aren't so wet.  I got bored before they were totally dry but they should be dry so they roast better.
Next I used a drizzle of  EVOO, granulated garlic, cayenne pepper and some kosher salt. I used a couple of shakes of each of the spices.  I used quite a bit of salt. I was feeling salty. 
Then I covered a small cookie sheet with some foil (I don't like to clean) and spread out the checkpeas. Cook the cheickpeas for about 30 minutes at 400 degrees F.
Finished product!

They are spicy and delicious. We like them just to snack on but they would also be great in a salad.  I love a recipe I don't have to follow. These are pretty much fool proof and can be done with different kinds of seasoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment